April 8, 2008

My Birthday Buddy

This is Jonathan M Guano De La Cruz. He lives in Guatemala with his parents and brothers and sisters. We have the same birthday. It's pretty cool. We are kinda pen pals. Well, he is to young to read my letters or write back, but at Christmas I did get a little hand print from him. So for now his father and I trade correspondence. Jonathan likes to color and play with a soccer ball which makes me really happy. He will probably be a better soccer player than I ever was by the time he's five, but that's not all! Jonathan will get a good education and people who love Jesus will invest in his life and hopefully encourage him to do the same.
 
The first thing that boggles my mind is that the notion of loving and caring for one another, especially children, would be foreign to anyone. The second thing is that my simple thirty dollars a month to World Vision improves the life of a family so far away so much. 

1 comment:

h said...

yay world vision!