September 21, 2008

And so it begins (our little secret)

I woke up this morning humming a tune. I proceeded to get ready for church, jumped in the car, and no gas (in my car OR any gas station for miles), so I came back in still humming the same tune. I milled around the house and started singing the words that went along with my little morning song. Before to long I realized the song I was singing wasn't really a song at all...yet . It has been so long since an idea just fell out like that, I almost forgot what it was like. Since I was all out of gas, confined to the house and my roommates are out of town I decided to run with it. So I took the really gross old strings off Ope, my primary acoustic. I put on some nice new strings and began to write this new song. It was really exciting. After a while I set up the whole rig and recorded my ideas as they came. 




All that to say... I have been putting it off and putting it off and putting it off, but today I think I started my solo record. 

So here's the deal. I will keep you posted on here, put up fun pics, lyric ideas, questions, and progress reports if you will be super patient, encouraging, and participate in this project with me. Keep your ears open.


3 comments:

Emily Ralls said...

whohoohoohoohoo....

lindsey said...

yeeeahhh!! likin the pics. encouragement will be easy, but patience may be hard...just sayin...

Shea said...

that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! ps, i follow the journal now :)maybe a little slow but it's all good.